Tick tock... This week we will be learning how to tell the time. You can practice throughout the week by looking at a clock or watch in your house and working out the time! Good luck and remember to practice your 5 times tables to help you. First up is a video to introduce you to time.
Telling the time to the hour
- Today we will be recapping what you learnt in year 1 by telling the time to the hour
- Remember that the big hand points to the minutes and the small hand points to the hour
- Click on the picture below to view the BBC Bitesize clip on telling the time!
- There are other activities for you to try on the same page
- Below, is a PowerPoint to recap what you have just learnt. Run through it before completing your task
- There are three different activities that you can complete. Pick 1, 2 or if you really want to impress me why not try all 3!
Telling the time to the half-hour
Quarter past and quarter to
Telling the time to 5 minutes
- Begin the lesson with practising your 5 times tables - they are essential for today's lesson
- Can you count in your 5's all the way to 60? Why is 60 an important number?
- Watch the following video and go through the 2 PowerPoints
- Look at a clock or watch - what time is it? Can you tell the time throughout the day?