Our Guided Reading for this term is all related to musical lyrics. Each session will require the children to listen to and find the lyrics for the song chosen for that week.
Week 5 - You Can Fly from PeterPan
You Tube Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnfTuZ273Lo
Lyrics Link : https://www.metrolyrics.com/you-can-fly-you-can-fly-you-can-fly-from-peter-pan-lyrics-disney.html
- Who do you think this is?
- Why is he carrying all of those jars? What’s inside them? Why are they attached to his clothing? Couldn’t he just carry them in a bag?
- Why is he wearing this clothing?
- Is he going to open the blue jar? Why?
- Why is his other fist clenched?
- What does his body language tell you about his thoughts and feelings?
- Choose 3 words to describe this character. Justify your choices and explain why your words are better than anyone else’s! [You could vote on the best words and debate why they are the best; repeat for the ‘worst’/least appropriate.]
Share the title.
- Did you think that this man was a wizard? Why/why not?
- Is he what you imagine a wizard should look like? Compare him with other wizards from literature.
- Since he is a wizard, does that mean the contents of the jars are magical?
- Does he need a magic wand?
Help! The Jar Wizard’s jars are all missing their labels! Please write labels naming the contents, detailing what it is and what it can be used for. Be sure to include any necessary safety warnings too!