Listen to the following story, answer the questions and do some of the extra activities.
The Troll by Julia Donaldson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNI_rsFeys8
- Write a story that explains where the troll came from.
- Write about an adventure that the pirates might have had before or after the events of the story.
- Can you find any synonyms for walking in the story?
- Create a recipe to go in the troll's cookery book.
- Find as many different types of punctuation as you can in the story. Can you explain why the author has chosen to use them in those places.
- Can you find any examples of connectives in the story?
- Make a list of persuasive arguments to discourage the pirates from making the troll walk the plank.
- Plan a healthy meal for the troll, to give him a 'nice change from fish'