TOWERS, TUNNELS and TURRETS
The theme for this week is... TOWERS
Great Towers from Around the World (Geography)
- Which country are these great towers from?
- Find where the different towers are located and either record your answers as a list or cut and stick the images onto a map
- CN Tower in Toronto
- Big Ben and Shard in London
- Leaning Tower of Pisa in Pisa
- Eiffel Tower in Paris
- Skytree in Tokyo
Build a Tower (Art and Design)
- Build a tower using materials found in the outdoor environment
- Use stones, sticks, logs and earth to build a tower as tall as possible
- Name your tower and take a photograph
How high can you go? (Maths)
- Stack sugar cubes (or other objects of your choice)
- Measure the height of your tower using standard units (cm)
- Try and build a taller tower - Could you improve the design using a wider base for example?
- Could you have a competition with your family to see who can build the tallest tower?
- Record your results in a table - create your own or use the template below
- Take lots of photographs and email them in