Just for fun!
This week, I came across a picture of somebody creating snake bubbles.. I was very intrigued and decided to investigate and even have a go myself!
I took some pictures of what I was doing to show you the different steps:
1. You will need:
-a bowl of water
-a cloth or an old sock
-an old plastic bottle
-washing up liquid
-a rubber band (I couldn't find one so I used a scrunchie!)
-food colouring (optional)
2. Cut the bottom of the bottle off.
3. Cover the wide end of the bottle with your cloth or sock and secure it in place with a rubber band.
4. Add some washing up liquid into your water. The more you add, the more bubbles you will create, but you don't need a lot.
You can also create more bubbles by putting some washing up liquid directly onto your cloth/sock as well!
5. Dip the bubble blower into your bowl of water/washing up liquid!
6. Blow into the bottle top and watch your snake bubble appear and grow!
*Ask your grown ups where would be the best place to make yours, you might be better outside!
If you want to create a rainbow one, you can try adding some food colouring onto your sock/cloth!
Click on the image below to watch a YouTube video of somebody creating theirs.
Have a go and have fun creating yours! Let us know how you get on!