Due to the unforseen circumstances Year 4 have made a home learning pack. In this home learning pack you will find:
- Your child's individual Prodigy log in and password (Maths game)
- Look, Cover, Write, Check spelling practice sheet
- A home learning book to record learning
- Classroom Secrets practical idea home learning packs
- Expresso login
- Classroom Secrets home learning pack including Maths and English practical activities
- Classroom Secrets guidance and answer booklet
- Twinkl parent guide- maths activities
- Spring themed maths activity booklet
- Reading text and questions- Jimmy and the Pharoah, Mummy and Ancient Egyptian Dentists
- Descriptive writing pack-includes 8 images
Children will be bringing home scripts and song sheets to continue their practice of the Year 3/4 Production.
Please feel free to contact the Year 4 if you need any support or advice.
The spellings set are to work alongside the Look, Cover, Write, Check packs found in the home learning packs. There are 4 weeks of spellings set.
List of Recommended Apps (All apps are free to download)
- Tynker- This app supports the Computing curriculum and allows children to learn how to code. It also links into Minecraft and children can design their own characters.
- Garageband- This app links to our current topic and the Music curriculum. It allows the children to create their own music and songs using a variety of instruments and effects.
- Google Expeditions- This app allows you to take virtual tours of lots of amazing areas, places, habitats and much more! Additionally it is interactive and gives facts to support learning.
- Scratch/ Scratch Jr- This app supports the Computing Curriculum and allows children to bring characters to life by coding. Lots of examples are available on the web page. Accounts on the website are also free to set up.
When using a search engine Kiddle is a safe and child friendly search engine meaning all searches would be appropriate for your child without the worry of inappropriate information.
- BBC Bitesize
- National Geographic
- Cosmic Yoga-Can be found on youtube
- Go Noodle
- BBC Supermovers
- Youtube- A man named Gareth Metcalfe will be uploading free math lesson videos
- Topmarks- Maths/timestable based
- Literacy Shed- currently offering a free months membership
- Maths Shed-currently offering a free months membership
- Twinkl-currently offering a free months membership
- Once Upon a Picture - comprehension questions based on pictures
Harold – our happy, healthy giraffe mascot and a favourite with children – will be posting a daily blog: Harold’s Daily Diary! Here’s the link to it: https://www.coramlifeeducation.org.uk/harolds-daily-diary
Each day he’ll be giving children positive, fun messages about what he’s doing to stay happy and healthy while he’s off school, separated from his friends. He’ll invite the children to join in with activities he’s doing.
He’ll be giving children ideas for how he – and they – can get a routine going for their day, including the things we all need to do to live a balanced, healthy life. These include:
·Taking regular exercise
·Connecting with others – in ways that are safe
·Mindfulness – learning to enjoy the moment, here and now.